Tired? Cranky? Frazzled? If the holidays left you feeling like you need a recharge, these couldn’t be-easier tips will give you the boost you need!
Get some easy help for sailing through the winter with flying
1. Smile. Even if youíre having a bad day, try to find at least one good thing that will bring a smile to your face. It takes more energy to frown, and the act of smiling will boost your energy.
2. Breathe. Try this exercise to help you refocus your energy. It only takes a minute!
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place your palms on your lower abdomen.
Close your eyes and slowly inhale through your nose, gradually expanding your diaphragm. If youíre breathing correctly, you will feel your hands move outward.
Hold for a count of five, then exhale slowly through your mouth.
Repeat 10 times.
3. Affirm. Make up a self-affirmation and practice repeating it every day to keep a positive perspective. Here are some examples:
I can do anything I set my mind to.
I will not worry, no matter what comes my way today.
I am at peace.
I choose to remain calm and relaxed, no matter what the circumstances.
I am a smart and talented go-getter.
I trust myself completely.
4. Sing. Singing draws more oxygen into your body, enhancing mental clarity, and banishing fatigue.
5. Use Aromatherapy. For a quick energy boost, keep a bottle of peppermint, cypress, eucalyptus, spearmint, or geranium essential oil handy. Place a few drops on a tissue and inhale deeply.
6.Spritz. Keep a spray bottle of cool water handy in your desk, briefcase, purse, or car. A quick spritz of cool water on your face will instantly revive your flagging energy and hydrate your skin.
7. Let in the light. One of the easiest ways to boost your energy is with natural light. Open the curtains, lift the shades, add a few lamps with full-spectrum light bulbs, and let the sun shine in.
8. Drink cold water. Drink a large glass of ice-cold water or tea. The cold fluid will shock your system into alertness.
9. Feel. Itís amazing how a simple touch can lift your spirits. Ask a loved one to give you a hug, hold your hand, brush your hair, rub your feet, or massage your shoulders. Then return the favor.
10. Look. Feast your eyes on sunrise colors of oranges, yellows, pinks, and reds. These are the colors of fire, heat, and energy.