When we came across these ten steps to a happier life, we couldnt wait to share their profound simplicity and wisdom with you: they look to us like the perfect prescription for happiness. Please share your own ideas with us, and spread the word so that we can all begin creating a happier world.
From a BBC documentary that aired in November of 2005.
1. Plant something and nurture it.
2. Count your blessings–at least five–at the end of each day.
3. Take time to talk–have an hour-long conversation with a loved one each week.
4. Phone a friend whom you have not spoken to for a while and arrange to meet up.
5. Give yourself a treat every day and take the time to really enjoy it.
6. Have a good laugh at least once a day.
7. Get physical–exercise for half an hour three times a week.
8. Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger at least once each day.
9. Cut your TV viewing by half. (Some of us have opted to have no television at all!)
10. Spread some kindness–do a good turn for someone every day.
What can you do to create more happiness in your life? Please comment!