Environmental groups and scientists have been warning us for years to first test a product or technology before putting it out into the environment or into someone’s body. Unfortunately, the world did not always listen. Yes, laws have been passed and changed and fudged to allow thousands of chemicals to make their way into our waterways and bloodstreams; and while there are some who take action for change there are still too many with their head stuck in the sand of denial. Today in the spirit of bashing BP and all those individuals who have made greed motivated decisions concerning our health and the welfare of our planet, I present you with the Big 10 Global Warnings We Ignored.
1. Off-shore drilling is a disaster waiting to happen.
2. Roundup pesticides will create super weeds.
3. Overuse of antibiotics will create resistance to bacteria.
4. Toxic chemicals can cross the umbilical cord barrier.
5. Smoking causes lung cancer.
6. Eating fast foods can cause childhood obesity.
7. Eating GMO foods may cause serious health problems.
8. Sewage sludge is poison and should not be used on farmland.
9. Eating a vegetarian diet can help prevent global warming.
10. Over prescribing of pharmaceutical medications can lead to death.