According to Chinese medicine, the “Five Healing Colors” can purify and heal all the pathways in the body, and the colors are traditionally used to harmonize the organs. When you visualize these universal energetic color forces, the organs become purified.
Even if you donít have organs in stress, this is a wonderfully cleansing and preventative exercise for your whole body:
Use this guided meditation using any one of the organs using the appropriate color:
1. Sit calmly but alertly.
2. Pay attention to the calm place behind your mid-brow.
3. Think of something you love, and relax.
4. Bring your attention to the organ in need of attention.
5. Picture the organ, feeling the love you experienced in #3.
6. Picture the organ as a rose that is the color required, and imagine the rose slowly opening.
Repeat until the color radiates through and from the organ.
7. Breath out the colored light
Blue: The healing color of the kidneys.
Red: The healing color of the heart.
Green: The healing color of the liver.
White: The healing color of the lungs.
Yellow: The healing color of the spleen.
Adapted from The Secret Teachings of the Tao Te Ching, by Mantak Chia and Tao Huang (Inner Traditions, 2005). Copyright (c) 2005 by Mantak Chia and Tao Huang. Reprinted by permission of Inner Traditions.
Adapted from The Secret Teachings of the Tao Te Ching, by Mantak Chia and Tao Huang (Inner Traditions, 2005).
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.