When you have a few quiet moments, do take the time to answer the quiz below. It should give you an idea of your Happiness Quotient:
- Is your home a calm, soothing place?
- Do you enjoy doing what you do for a living?
- Do you have at least two close friends?
- Are you part of a group or club that enjoys the same activities as you do?
- Do you have some goals for personal growth?
- Is your relationship with your family a positive one?
- Would you say you are in good health at this time of your life?
- Are you satisfied with your financial situation?
- Do you like what you see in the mirror?
- Do you laugh often and heartily?
The more times you answer ‘Yes’, the happier you are. If the number is below five, I would invite you to read my previous post on 4 simple ways to be happy. Even the responses to that piece have elicited some wonderful ideas on the art of being simply happy!
DID YOU KNOW?
Our happiness levels swing up and down with age. Most of us start life happy, but grow a little less happy as the years roll on. Studies show that people are the least happy in their 40s. After this age, happiness levels start climbing upward again!