The Number 1 Cure for Morning Crankiness
If you find yourself snapping at the kids early morning, and feel your spirits dampen at the mention of exercise, rewind to last night: what time did you sleep?
Did you know: just one extra hour of sleepóthatís all you need to reset your morning mood. I am not the only one saying it. Several studies have established the staggering benefits of one extra hour of sleep.† Besides improving your morning mood, that extra hour can help lower blood pressure, give you energy to exercise, protect you from diabetes, and improve your performance at work.
Cannot sleep easy or early? Here are some simple fixes that really work:
- Set a bedtime for yourself, not just for the kids.† Think about it: if you are waking up at 7 am daily, how can going to bed at 1 am be good for you?
- Canít sleep easy or early? Replan the last two hours of the day. Do you stay up to watch one more episode of your favorite show, turn one more page of the thriller youíre reading, or answer one more email? Donít!
- Are you stressed about tomorrow? I have a simple cure: make a list of things to do. Just the act of putting them down on paper releases a lot of stress.
- Take 10 minutes to neaten up your bedroom. Hang up your clothes, and clear any clutter. When things look neat on the outside, they promote calm inside.
- Make it a rule to switch off your laptop and stay off the ipad one hour before your scheduled bedtime. Do something peaceful, instead, such as massaging your feet with a rolling pin, deep breathing, or a few minutes devoted to skin care.
Try these ideas for just one week, and I promise that you will feel more energetic and much happier. Good morning!
6 Breakfast Superfoods