Photographs by Erin Boyle.
Above: Pumpkin seeds rinsed and picked clean of the pumpkin flesh.
Above: Cayenne, sea salt, cane sugar, and olive oil for seasoning.
Above: Spices and seeds mixed together with a healthy drizzle of olive oil; enough to thoroughly coat the seeds.
Above: Golden brown seeds cooling on a sheet tray.
Above: Cooled pumpkin seeds, scooped into waxed paper bags.
- 1-2 cups rinsed pumpkin seeds, flesh removed and patted dry
- Sea salt; approximately 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne; approximately 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar; approximately 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil, approximately 2 teaspoons
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse pumpkin seeds, removing any extra pumpkin flesh. Pat seeds dry with a clean dish towel. In a small bowl, combine seeds with spices and olive oil, mixing well to coat seeds thoroughly. Spread seeds on an ungreased sheet tray and cook for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool, and enjoy.
See Gardenista‘s Garden-to-Table Recipes for other treats to add to your fall lineup.