The South Beach Diet: What Is It?
The South Beach Diet teaches you to rely on the right carbs and the right fats–the good ones–and enables you to live quite happily without the bad carbs and bad fats.
As a result, it promises that you池e going to get healthy and lose weight–somewhere between 8 and 13 pounds in the first two weeks alone.
Here痴 how you do it:
For Phase 1:
* You値l eat normal-size helpings of meat, chicken, turkey, fish, and shell-fish.
* You値l have plenty of vegetables. Eggs. Cheese. Nuts.
* You値l have salads with real olive oil in the dressing.
* You値l have three balanced meals a day, and it will be your job to eat so that your hunger is satisfied.
* You値l drink water, of course, plus coffee or tea if you wish.
For the next 14 days you won稚 be having any bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, or baked goods. No fruit, even. Before you panic: You値l begin adding those things back into your diet again in 2 weeks.
Adapted from The South Beach Diet, by Arthur Agatston, M.D. (Rodale Press, 2003). Copyright (c) 2003 by Arthur Agatston. Reprinted by permission of Rodale Press.
Adapted from The South Beach Diet, by Arthur Agatston, M.D. (Rodale Press, 2003).