Mindfulness gives rise to insights which ripen into wisdom, because the more deeply and clearly we are able to observe the reality of our mindbody and world, the more we will understand how and why things are as they are.
Here are 10 reasons to practice mindfulness meditation. When compared to the many problems caused by mindlessly living our lives, mindfulness helps us to:
1. Improve focus, concentration, and precision.
2. Enhance the quality of communications and relationships.
3. Heighten the clarity of our thinking and intentions.
4. Improve efficiency and safety.
5. Deepen peace of mind and sense of flow.
6. Master stress.
7. Deepen insight and intuitive wisdom.
8. Awaken more authenticity, heart, soul, and caring in our lives and work.
9. Increase resilience to change.
10. Strengthen faith and self-confidence.
Adapted from Luminous Mind, by Joel and Michelle Levey (Conari Press, 2006) Copyright (c) 2006 by Joel and Michelle Levey. Reprinted by permission of Conari Press.
Adapted from Luminous Mind, by Joel and Michelle Levey (Conari Press, 2006)