The Ultimate Oscar Party Appetizer (Recipe)
Crostinis are the perfect Oscar’s appetizer. Simple, delicious, and, yes, a little fancy, this crostini recipe calls for a flavorful mix of artichokes and olives.
Artichoke, Olive & Parmesan Crostini.
- 24 1/4-inch thick slices of baguette
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 14 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces shaved parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush both sides of each slice of bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake until bread is golden brown, turn slices over, and bake until the other side is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
2. While the bread is baking, place artichokes, olives, parsley, and 3 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl. Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top each slice of bread with the artichoke-olive mixture, garnish with parmesan, and serve.
Recipe Credit: Real Simple.