The Wonders of Water:
1. Aids in digestion and assimilation and absorption of nutrients. Without enough water you will not get the full benefits of all those healthy nutrients you are eating.
2. Assists in the excretion of waste and toxins from your kidneys and bowels. Without water, toxins can build up in your system, hindering the function of the kidneys and bowels and causes you to feel sluggish or even sick.
3. Allows you to not drink your calories. Drinking ample water leaves less room for the coffee, soda and other calorie rich drinks you may consume. Crowd out the sugary drinks by filling up on the calorie free benefits of water.
4. Gives your brain a boost. Without water, your brain may feel foggy and sluggish.
5. Keeps you young! Drinking water is the best medicine to ward off wrinkles and to keep your skin looking young and dewy. Water is also a natural lubricant for your joints and tissues, keeping your body supple.
Bored with plain water? Try squeezing ½ a lemon, orange or lime into your glass. You can even try a few slices of cucumber or throw some fresh berries into your water for some natural added flavor. Be cautious of the “enhanced” water drinks on the market. Some of them are filled with high fructose corn syrup, sugar or 100 calories a bottle. Buy an eco-friendly reusable bottle and a water filter system, like Britta, to help save the earth while you get your drink on.
Green Options Media is a network of environmentally-focused blogs providing users with the information needed to make sustainable choices. Written by experienced professionals, Green Options Media’s blogs engage visitors with authoritative content, compelling discussions, and actionable advice. We invite anyone with questions, or simply curiosity, to add their voices to the community, and share their approaches to achieving abundance.