Each one of us is a very powerful, spiritual being. We are all sparks from the same Light. If we get in touch with this powerful energy that is inside of each of us, we can recognize that we create our own happiness. We don’t have to depend upon anything or anyone else for joy.
You can create a beautiful place, and positive feelings, any time you want them, by training your heart to listen to your deepest inner self. Here is a way to begin:
Go to the quietest space you can find, and just sit for five minutes or so. Sit quietly. Listen. At first you may think you hear nothing, but it will come. Listen to the chirping of a bird, the wind rustling through the trees, or the buzz of electricity in high tension wires. Listen to each of these sounds individually. Focus on them, one at a time. You will begin to feel them deep inside; they will develop a rhythm to you.
If you sit long and quietly enough, you will begin to hear your own body. You may even want to cover your ears so that you can really focus on your own internal sounds. Listen to the beating of your own heart. Regulate your breathing. Change its rhythm. Listen.
Train your heart to listen.
Now, use this newfound skill by listening to a piece of music. “Millenium” is great because the pure tones arranged in simple melodies allow your mind to focus, and you can practice conscious hearing.
* Listen to the music with the same attentiveness you’ve just given to the silence and your own body.
* Let it transport you to a place within yourself where you may remember events and people which have caused you sadness and disappointment. If these things are making you depressed, it may be because you’ve made a judgment about their value to you.
* Release your judgments, and enjoy.
* You need to replace the negative energy with positive thoughts and feelings, expressed in affirmations, such a “I am in the best place I can be, right now.”
* Continue listening to the music for a while. Create affirmations that confirm what you know in your mind, and in your heart-that you are the master of your own happiness.
* Go a step further. Imagine yourself in a place of beauty, a place of peace. Picture the most beautiful place you can be, and be there.
* Use the music to take your self to that place now, and every time you begin to feel unhappy. Remember always that you can create that beautiful place and those positive feelings, and they are yours whenever you want them.
Adapted from The Healing Sound of Music, by Kate and Richard Mucci (Findhorn Press, 2000). Copyright (c) 2000 by Kate and Richard Mucci. Reprinted by permission of Findhorn Press.
Adapted from The Healing Sound of Music, by Kate and Richard Mucci (Findhorn Press, 2000).
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.