We all need a little help in the breakfast department from time to time. I have gone through periods of chronic breakfast-skipping, and making time for even a small breakfast always makes my mornings so much better! These are some of my favorite vegan breakfast recipes:
1) Vegan yogurt with sliced banana and raw cashews – When you’re choosing a vegan yogurt, check that nutritional information, and opt for an unsweetened variety. Even some plain vegan yogurts can be pretty sugar-heavy! You can always add a little sugar or maple syrup to taste, but you can’t take it away.
2) Pumpkin oatmeal – A bowl of oatmeal is a great way to start the day with some whole grains, but oatmeal can get a little humdrum, if you let it. Try jazzing it up with this pumpkin oatmeal recipe!
3) Avocado toast – Instead of spreading butter or margarine on your toast, pile on 1/4 to 1/2 of a Haas avocado to start the day off with some healthy fats! A little thinly sliced onion and a squeeze of lemon juice doesn’t hurt, either. A new study found that avocado-eaters tend to be healthier than non-avocado-eaters.
4) Green smoothie – You can also drink your breakfast! A green smoothie combines all the deliciousness of a smoothie with the power of raw greens. Need some green smoothie help? Check out our beginner guide to green smoothies.
5) Tofu scramble – If you have some extra time in the morning, you can’t beat a tofu scramble! Loaded with protein and veggies, this is a satisfying breakfast. I like to make tofu scrambles on a lazy Sunday morning, and usually I base mine on this recipe from The PPK.
Up Next: 5 more vegan breakfast ideas!
Green Smoothie photo by Becky Striepe