Roasted Spring Root Vegetables
Roasted veggies are such a crowd-pleaser, and this is my go-to dish when I’m contributing to Easter lunch at my in-laws’ place. Even the non-vegans go back for seconds! You can prep the veggies and toss with the oil the night before, so you’re not scrambling to get everything prepped on Sunday.
- 1/2 pound carrots, sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 pound asparagus, woody stems removed
- 1/2 pound radishes, sliced in half (if your radishes are huge, you can quarter them)
- 1/2 pound snap peas, whole
- 1/4 pound green onions, roots removed
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, halved
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, whole
- 1/4 cup truffle oil – if you don’t want to spring for truffle oil, you can use olive oil, but truffle oil adds a depth of flavor to this dish that’s pretty amazing
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 450F while you prep your veggies.
Toss all of the veggies with the oil in a large baking dish. Pop them in the oven, once it’s preheated, and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Your veggies are done when they’re tender and just a little bit browned.
Next>> Classic Three Bean Salad
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by Joel75k