Crisp vegetables partnered with rice creamy coconut, heady fresh
basil, and a kick of ginger make this dish divine. Keep the
nutrients in your veggies by cooking them fast; they’ll taste
better and you’ll save time in the process. Served over rice,
this meal is filling and delicious.
1 can light coconut milk or 1 1/4 cups regular (I prefer light)
3 cups broccoli, chopped in quarter sized heads.
1 head fennel, washed and sliced into small pieces
2 carrots, sliced
1 cups fresh spinach, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes (less if you want the dish less
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
1) Start rice — white rice wait about 10 minutes before starting
because it takes 20 minutes to make. If making brown rice, you’ll
need to wait until it’s 10 minutes from done.
2) Chop all ingredients.
3) Heat oil to medium high, and when hot, add garlic, ginger,
scallions, and chili flakes. Saute for one minute, stirring
4) Add carrots and fennel and stir for another minute.
5) Add broccoli and cover for 30 seconds.
6) Add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Cover for 1-2 minutes, until
broccoli is bright green all over.
7) Remove from heat. Serve over rice garnished with scallions.