What Color Will Help You Today? Quiz
It has become common knowledge that color affects our mood and overall well-being. There are colors to energize or calm us, to help us think more clearly, or to feel more blissful and serene. There are even colors to help us eat less! So how can you put the magic of color to work for you?
First, take this fun quiz to check in with your mood. Then see which colors you can wear or bring into your home or office to balance and improve things. It‘s all right here:
Make a note of any of these questions that are TRUE for you:
1. My self-confidence is low and I could use a stronger will; people sometimes take advantage of me and I can feel a little wimpy.
2. I crave more passion and excitement in my life.
3. I feel sluggish. Maybe I need to move more!
4. I’m a bit underweight; my appetite is almost nonexistent and I’m not eating much.
5. I would like to feel more cheerful, convivial, and social.
6. I feel “heavy” and dispirited a good portion of the time.
7. I need to think more clearly and multi-task more efficiently.
8. I crave more time in nature.
9. I need more of a refreshing sense of growth and hope.
10. I tend to be nervous and tense in general.
11. My blood pressure is on the high side.
12. I find it hard to feel serene, and sometimes have difficulty sleeping.
13. I eat too much.
If you answered “true” to 1, 2, or 3, RED will be helpful to you.
If you answered “true” to 4 or 5, ORANGE will be beneficial.
If you answered “true” to 6 or 7, YELLOW will be cheering and lightening.
If you answered “true” to 8 or 9, GREEN will be helpful.
If you answered “true” to 10, 11, 12, or 13, BLUE will be calming and helpful.
By Cait Johnson, author of Earth, Water, Fire, and Air (SkyLight Paths, 2003).