7 Guidelines to Get a “Real Food” Program Going:
1. Donít eat food products containing ingredients that are unpronounceable.
2. Shop at the farmer’s market or grow your own food if you can. Your food will be fresher and have the most nutrition–with zero preservatives.
3. Eat Mostly plants, particularly, lots of greens.
4. Do not eat food products that make health claims. Most of these processed food claims are untrustworthy.†Remember those margarine claims about it being so good for us? Then we found out margarine was giving people heart attacks.
5. Pay more for the best nutritious food you can find.† This will sometimes mean buying organic. Much of the population who are overweight are eating way too much. They would do better health-wise not just by eating less food, but foods with a higher nutritional value. Eating real food gives the body what it truly craves: more nutrition.
6. Learn to cook your own healthy meals. Itís fun! You do not need to be a rocket scientist to make simple healthy meals like I do.
7. Eat a wide variety of real foods. Try adding new vegetables or fruits. You will get a wider spectrum of nutrition.
Want to learn more? Check out excerpts from my ebook in the article† Green Means Lean
What Do Your Consider Real? Please leave your comments below!