What’s On Your Pet’s Bucket List?
My Labrador, Sanchez, is 10 years old and I’m frequently reminded that he is in his golden years and they won’t last forever. I am very aware that every day of life for Sanchez is a gift, and little things remind me not to take it for granted. Just as I have my own bucket list for myself, I started contemplating what would be on his bucket list if her were to make his own. This is what I think he would say:
- A day of eating everything I want (preferably more than one day, but Lisa would never allow it)
- Take my time sniffing everything I desire during a long, leisurely walk
- Hump a Golden Retriever (just can’t resist them)
- A full day alone with Lisa when she’s not working (missing my days being an only dog)
- Daily morning naps under the piano while Lisa plays it
- Work as a therapy dog (note to Lisa: You’ve been saying you’d get me certified ever since I passed my Canine Good Citizen test earlier this year.)
Even though Gina is only four year old, it’s never too soon to start a bucket list. Here’s what I think hers would look like:
- Hike Squaw Valley
- Attend another agility camp
- Swim in a river, lake, and the ocean all in the same day (hint: time to go back to Florence, Oregon)
- Sleep in Lisa’s bed with her
- Earn an agility MACH title (This would make Lisa SO happy!)
What is on your pet’s bucket list? Thanks for sharing in a comment below.
And congrats to Alyssa Johnson from Austin, Texas. Her comment on High Tech Gadgets for Pets won her a free iCalmDog. Here’s what she had to say,”I would love one of these for my little pup who has been having anxiety! I LOVE Through a Dog’s Ear!!” Can’t wait to know how her dog enjoys his/her own iPawd.
Delivering Calm, four paws at a time…
Receive a FREE DOWNLOAD from the Calm your Canine Companion music series when you sign up for the Through a Dog’s Ear newsletter and/or Lisa’s Blog. Simply click here, enter your email address and a link to the free download will be delivered to your inbox for you and your canine household to enjoy!