White Bean Blondies!
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup Sucanat
1 1/2 cup pureed white beans of your choice (homemade beans how-to here)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup oat bran
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease the bottom, not the sides, of a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
3. Over medium low heat melt the butter and Sucanat in a saucepan. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the beans, vanilla, maple syrup, eggs, and salt.
4. Add the oat bran and flour and stir until just mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using, then pour the entire mixture into the prepared baking pan.
5. Bake for 30 to 33 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting.
Makes 3 dozen, 2-inch blondies