We are now in appetizer season with holiday parties and family gatherings! These are wonderfully tasty bites of zucchini that we drizzle with olive oil and bake. They taste like they could be fried but aren’t. Be careful though – it’s hard to eat just one!
5 zucchini, cut in ¼ inch slices on a diagonal
2 tablespoons spelt flour or flour of your choice
1 cup bread crumbs
¾ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon granulated onion
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup olive oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients in another bowl, whisk well.
- Slice zucchini in a diagonal direction.
- Dip slices in egg mixture and let excess drip off, then place in pan holding bread crumbs. Pile extra mixture on top of each slice of zucchini. Press down on zucchini to help the bread crumb mixture stick.
- Coat shallow pan or cookie sheet with layer of olive oil, saving some to drizzle on top. Lay slices in the pan and drizzle with more oil.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels after removing from oven.
Total cooking time: 45 minutes
Food as well as emotions give meaning to our lives. The power of emotion can enrich our lives beyond measure – meaning, color, texture. Understanding the power of your emotions is vital for having a fulfilling, healthy life. Click here to receive this Free e-booklet, The Power of Emotion.