START A PETITION 25,136,189 members: the world's largest community for good
START A PETITION
x

Science & Tech

Climate Solutions: The Role of Nuclear Power
Science & Tech  (tags: Energy, Energy Policy, Climate Change, Carbon Emissions, IPCC, EPA, Zero Emissions, Nuclear Energy, Reduction Goals )

Brian
- 110 days ago - c2es.org
"Fossil fuels generate around 70 percent of electricity in the United States. Zero-emissions power sources such as hydro, wind, solar, and nuclear power generate the remaining 30 percent of U.S. electricity."
IPCC Report Reinforces Climate Change Reality
Science & Tech  (tags: world, science, scientists, global warming, climate change, UN, IPCC, research, environment, study, investigation )

Michael
- 326 days ago - cbc.ca
As the famous scientist Neils Bohr (and, supposedly, baseball manager Yogi Berra) once said, "Predictions are difficult, especially about the future." Well, this week, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change had some predictions about the future.
Earth Still Warming Despite 'Hiatus,' Canadian Scientist Says
Science & Tech  (tags: interesting, environment, research, IPCC, UN, climate change, global warming, science, scientists, study )

Michael
- 326 days ago - cbc.ca
Global warming skeptics, citing the latest report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change about a 'temperature hiatus,' are failing to see the bigger picture, says a Canadian scientist and contributing author to the assessment.
Koch & Exxon-Funded Scientist Challenged By Students at Climate Denial Event
Science & Tech  (tags: API, CFACT, Charles Koch, climate change, coal, congress, donors trust, ExxonMobil, gas, global warming, ipcc, koch industries, lobbyist, madison, michigan state, money, oil, pr, smithsonian, solar variability, sun, university of wisconsin )

Judy
- 497 days ago - nationofchange.org
Basically, Willie Soon, a Smithsonian Institution astrophysicist, is an expert in whatever problems vested industries will pay him to deny.
U.N. Climate Panel Urged to Reform, Stick to Science
Science & Tech  (tags: scientists, prophecy, IPCC, testable premises )

John
- 1444 days ago - newsdaily.com
The U.N. climate panel should make predictions only when it has solid evidence and should avoid policy advocacy, scientists said in a report on Monday that called for thorough reform of the body. IPCC errors show science behind global warming questionable
Next Decade 'May See No Warming'
Science & Tech  (tags: earth, temperature, climate cycles, cooling phase, climate change, IPCC )

LL
- 2301 days ago - news.bbc.co.uk
The Earth's temperature may stay roughly the same for a decade, as natural climate cycles enter a cooling phase, scientists have predicted. A new computer model developed by German researchers, reported in the journal Nature, suggests the cooling will co
   

butterfly credits on the news network

  • credits for vetting a newly submitted story
  • credits for vetting any other story
  • credits for leaving a comment
learn more

Popular Tags for: Science & Tech

Most Active Stories Today in Science & Tech tagged with ipcc

top story finders in Science & Tech

1. Natasha Salgado 35 popular stories

2. Ana MESNER 35 popular stories

3. Dalia H. 34 popular stories

4. Carole K. 32 popular stories

5. Richard S. 31 popular stories

6. AniMae Chi 31 popular stories

7. Laura H. 25 popular stories

8. Candy L. 22 popular stories

9. Candy B. 21 popular stories

10. Jason B. 20 popular stories

more top news finders »

What makes a top story finder?
A top finder is someone who submits stories that become popular and are promoted to the front page.

wanted: news analysts

Get Active in the Care2 News Network!

Help ferret out the most noteworthy of the Newly Submitted stories and promote them to the Front Page.

care2 news network tools

News Network Bookmarklet

Submit stories from your browser toolbar with the easy to use Add to Care2 News! bookmarklet.

News Network Syndication

Get this page in RSS. Keep up to date with the Care2 News Network in your favorite RSS reader. Yahoo!, Newsgator, Bloglines, and more!
Find out how to subscribe!

care2 newsletter spotlight

Join over 2 Million Care2 Subscribers! Sign up for our FREE Newsletters, Delivered to your Inbox!