START A PETITION27,000,000 members: the world's largest community for good

Teen Left Brain Damaged and Blind After Smoking Synthetic Marijuana | Mail Online

Health & Wellness  (tags: drugs, health, risks, safety, children, society )

- 1024 days ago -
A teenage girl has narrowly avoided death after smoking 'synthetic marijuana' that she bought from a gas station and suffering a series of strokes.

Select names from your address book   |   Help

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.


Patricia E. G. (58)
Monday February 4, 2013, 11:41 pm
Thank you Kevin for posting this story on synthetic weed. It bares a striking resemblance to what
was once available known as "Angel Dust".

Carol Dreeszen (353)
Monday February 4, 2013, 11:42 pm
This is just horrid!! I certainly hope she can get well enough to get out and warn other young people of the dangers of this terrible stuff!!! Thanks for the great story Kevin!

catherine g. (18)
Monday February 4, 2013, 11:51 pm
Sad story but some years ago, a teenager called Leah Betts died after taking ecstasy. It didn't stop anyone else taking this drug though. Everyone seemed to think she had been extremely unlucky but that this was not going to happen to them!
Why are people so adamant that drugs are harmless, time and again you hear a story about someone who died, almost died, went psychotic etc yet no one takes a blind bit of notice.

MmAWAY M. (483)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 2:10 am
Thanks Kevin!

Past Member (0)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 7:44 am
Sad. Best rule...always go with what Nature has provided (i.e. the real thing) rather than the dangerous crap man substitutes. Thanks Kevin. The real reason the "real thing" is illegal is that Big Pharma knows that it's pretty much a wonder drug (panacea).

Joseph Simpson (9)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 2:28 pm
I have to say i am not surprized with this. Another example of corporate greed at the expense of the innocent. Natural is always better.

Rose Becke (287)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 3:14 pm

florene Eaise (132)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 3:42 pm
heartbreaking in my day the worst thing we smoked was weed or angel dust we just thought we were dieing! I pray for her family

Dandelion G. (386)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 4:35 pm
Why is this being allowed to be sold over the counter? I think the manufacturer needs to be held accountable. If people are going to want to try marijuana then make the real plant legal, no one has ended up like this poor child on the real thing.

Rose Becke (287)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 5:00 pm
Very good point Dandelion

Laura Mancuso (63)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 5:47 pm
If it were only a strong warning...but, unfortunately, more people will buy it, and more people will suffer.

. (0)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 8:31 pm
Decriminalize the real thing and this never would have happened. Marijuana is safer than this stuff and even alcohol.

Past Member (0)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 8:41 pm
Legalize pot

D D. (102)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 10:42 pm
This is a tragic story. How can this poison be legal?

Arthur S. (88)
Tuesday February 5, 2013, 11:45 pm
I have no words

paul m. (93)
Wednesday February 6, 2013, 2:21 am

Only fools would legalize Marijuana and it's stupid comparing it too alcohol and tobaco,,
these are all Drugs , that do and will kill you...

Helen Porter (39)
Wednesday February 6, 2013, 2:58 am
How sad.

. (0)
Wednesday February 6, 2013, 7:18 am
Lol, Paul. It's proven that alchol and tobacco can and have killed. No one has ever died from marijuana.
Or, log in with your
Facebook account:
Please add your comment: (plain text only please. Allowable HTML: <a>)

Track Comments: Notify me with a personal message when other people comment on this story

Loading Noted By...Please Wait


Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of or its affiliates.

New to Care2? Start Here.

site feedback


Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!