START A PETITION 25,136,189 members: the world's largest community for good
START A PETITION
x

Kick the Habit: Fund Our Communities, Not War


US Politics & Gov't  (tags: americans, budget, congress, constitution, corruption, cover-up, crime, dishonesty, economy, elections, Govtfearmongering, healthcare, lies, media, politics, propaganda, republicans, war )

Kit
- 722 days ago - truth-out.org
Lockheed-Martin and other weapons manufacturers have threatened to put an election year political gun to Congress' head. They've announced that they will have to send layoff notices to all of their employees unless Congress reneges on the Budget Control



Select names from your address book   |   Help
   

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.

Comments

Gene Jacobson (241)
Tuesday July 17, 2012, 3:46 pm
"Nationally, Lockheed-Martin and other weapons manufacturers have threatened to put an election year political gun to Congress' head. They've announced that they will have to send layoff notices to all of their employees unless Congress reneges on the Budget Control Act of 2011, which would cut roughly 12 percent of the Pentagon's gargantuan budget over the next decade. They haven't expressed similar concern over the act's $600 billion to be slashed from essential and already underfunded social services."

No, they've yet to weigh in on the social service cuts, though Lockheed did try to weasel its way into that money pot too, back in the early 1990's, they had a division producing computer systems for state social service programs. I would think they're not so much about that anymore given that the first 8 years of the 2000's were so good to their real businesses. Death dealing businesses. Hypocrites.
 

Jaime A. (32)
Wednesday July 18, 2012, 1:06 am
Stop the war, these companies are corrupt and sell death.!!
 

JL A. (274)
Wednesday July 18, 2012, 7:42 am
The vast majority of all parts of the political spectrum want a pentagon budget reduction (e.g., 87% of Republicans)--Congress should start listening...this is reminiscent of strategies this company used during the effort to stop the VietNam War
 

Dave C. (209)
Wednesday July 18, 2012, 11:36 am
...and stop making heroes of everyone who has served in the military (of course, this is only true for the GOP if the person is a GOP member)....if we didn't have anyone willing to serve, we wouldn't need a military and couldn't have war.......
 

Rosie Lopez (73)
Wednesday July 18, 2012, 12:41 pm
thanks for the info
 

Florence Eaise (132)
Wednesday July 18, 2012, 1:18 pm
Great article Kit, I just read and posted yesterday where our Government spends over 57% of all taxpayers money on the military with wars and getting ready for wars. Thats 57% of the budget that just leaves 43% for everything else. It just doesnt make sense to me to have so many needing so much yet spending the money on things we DONT need like weapons
 

C. W. (2)
Wednesday July 18, 2012, 2:12 pm
So, it like when they continued to make the plane that would never be used because jobs would be lost and the corporation had too much power in Congress. Damn, let them have the power and the jobs, just change the product.
 

paul m. (93)
Wednesday July 18, 2012, 3:14 pm

Noted.....Thanks..
 

JL A. (274)
Thursday July 19, 2012, 7:22 am
You cannot currently send a star to Kit because you have done so within the last week.

The vast majority of all political persuasions agree this Pentagon Budget needs to be cut to lower than past levels (not just less of an increase)--including 87% of Republicans (more Independents and Democrats have this position)--time for Congress to represent their constituents
 
Or, log in with your
Facebook account:
Please add your comment: (plain text only please. Allowable HTML: <a>)

Track Comments: Notify me with a personal message when other people comment on this story


Loading Noted By...Please Wait

 

 
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.