START A PETITION 25,136,189 members: the world's largest community for good
START A PETITION
x

The Polar Bears Have Suffered Another Blow!!!


US Politics & Gov't  (tags: polar bears, AnimalWelfare, environment, extinction, habitat, law, protection, suffering, wildlife, climate-change, conservation, endangered, globalwarming, government, oceans, science, world, americans, usa, u.s., obama, government, democrats )

PinkMindy
- 1962 days ago - care2.com
In the last 60 days nearly 100,000 supporters of the Center for Biological Diversity have sent petitions to the Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar, urging him to save the polar bears, but the Obama admin. refuses! Legal battle will begin shortly.



Select names from your address book   |   Help
   

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.

Comments

Roseann D. (178)
Friday May 8, 2009, 6:49 pm
First the wolves and now the polar bears. The dark shadow of BushCo stlll taints and destroys..
 

Joycey B. (750)
Friday May 8, 2009, 6:54 pm
Noted with anger and disgust. Thanks Melinda.
 

Tamara P. (68)
Friday May 8, 2009, 7:50 pm
It probably won't count for a thing, but I e-mailed this to President Obama, along with a polite comment.
 

. (0)
Friday May 8, 2009, 8:04 pm
Thanks Tamara P. and we are sending a reply to the Center for Biological Diversity containing the url to this submitted news!!!

Also letting them know, that they can continue to count on Care2 members for their maximum support, during the coming legal court battles!!!!!!!!!!
 

. (0)
Friday May 8, 2009, 8:45 pm
noted thank you
 

(1)
Friday May 8, 2009, 9:32 pm
"We must do all we can to help the polar bear recover, recognizing that the greatest threat to the polar bear is the melting of Arctic sea ice caused by climate change," Salazar said in a statement. "However, the Endangered Species Act is not the proper mechanism for controlling our nation’s carbon emissions
 

(1)
Friday May 8, 2009, 9:33 pm
"Instead, we need a comprehensive energy and climate strategy that curbs climate change and its impacts – including the loss of sea ice," he added. "Both President Obama and I are committed to achieving that goal

Everyone should get the facts before getting a rope
 

. (0)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 7:10 am
There is 'no' valid excuse by world governments available or 'known', to rationalize allowing the extinction of the majestic polar bears!!!

Sounds like this classifies as an endangered species to be protected at 'all' costs; unless this expenditure were going to lead us to a National or Global Depression, with millions of humans starving to death!?!?

Is our national/global economy that close to world bankruptcy???

============== ??? =================

Get Involved and Continue to Support & Help Us Fight the Legal Court Battles Ahead!!!
 

(1)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 7:55 am
and there is no valid excuse for people to just note news or just get angry over a headline before reading the facts but by golly wake up that is the real world.
 

(1)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 8:09 am
all this link is to a petion there is no facts that can link this hadline it5 would appear to me that is dishonset
 

. (0)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 8:11 am
U.S. Government Legislation Accomplishments To Date:

Reality Check Time:

1. Climate Change - Carbon Emissions: Limited = NONE.

*(*Unless it is already too late!?).

2. Polar Bear Protection: NONE.

*(Unless it would cause national bankruptcy!?).

3. Economic Stabilization: Limited.

*(Unless it would cause a wave of Hyper-Inflation!?).

Government is Government and a Politician is a Politician is a Politician.

WAKE UP AND SMELL YOUR SEPTIC TANK IS ON FIRE!!!

 

. (0)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 8:14 am
Some people still suffer from:

OBAMA MESSIANIC SYNDROME!!!

What a shame!
 

(1)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 8:16 am
here is one link to read before getting so angry it makes everyone look no better than the ones who you are angry at
 

(1)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 8:18 am
how yell can you yell the louder you yell shows how full of lol
 

. (0)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 8:22 am
May I remind everyone on this comment-line, that the topic is concerning polar bear extinction from the face of the Earth, and NOT about about anyone's personal political preferences!!!
 

(1)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 8:56 am
yes this about climate change/gobal warming and the difference between bush/the get the rope with out the facts and President obama is Bush did nothing nothing and Obama is doing something read the facts before you waste energy on just getting angry just because Our earth/our Polar Bears/ etc depends on it. What do you do in your daliy lives to help? Thanks Pobert for reminding us. Get the facts. do thing not just talk. every we do helps
 

Past Member (0)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 9:06 am
read and noted and doing!!!!... I am doing my part too with this and believe it our not, so is my town!!! I have been reading and digging and the I do the more I feel the government doesn't really care except for one thing! all they care about is the "God almighty DOLLAR!!! But I feel in my heart that with all of us doing what all we can, we CAN make a difference! I am so glad I found this site and am able to help all I can. Thank you so much Robert and Melinda!!!
 

Judy Cross (83)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 10:53 am
How can Polar bears be "endangered" when populations are growing, it's getting colder and Arctic ice is back to
its 1979-2000 year average?

Warmists don't seem to have much connection to reality about anything.

The polar bear population at the end of the 2nd World War was circa 5,000 and is now at 22,000 – 25,000…some even reckon the figure could be as high as 40,000.

The sun sycle has changed and we appear to be heading for severe cooling…more Maunder than Dalton.

There has been no overall warming for several years…

Global Sea Ice is at a 20 year high with temps dipping worldwide and yet we are evidently going into catastrophic “Global Warming”? How is that possible?

"Ice in the Arctic is often twice as thick as expected, report surprised scientists who returned last week from a major scientific expedition. The scientists - a 20-member contingent from Canada, the U.S., Germany, and Italy - spent one month exploring the North Pole as well as never-before measured regions of the Arctic. Among their findings: Rather than finding newly formed ice to be two metres thick, "we measured ice thickness up to four metres," stated a spokesperson for the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research of the Helmholtz Association, Germany's largest scientific organization."
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpcomment/archive/2009/05/04/lawrence-solomon-deep-arctic-ice-surprises-scientific-expedition.aspx

Luckily the public is waking up to the scam since only 34% still support it.
 

Arielle S. (317)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 10:59 am
I'm most curious which world you live in, Judy -
 

Brigid C. (118)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 12:08 pm
I am angry about this too. I have been fighting for wolves and polar bears for a long while it seems to me...what a shame.. is right well I'll keep on plugging for what I beieve to be right because I care for these animals
 

Tierney G. (383)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 12:42 pm
Outrage is all I can say short of losing it.I guess everyone who signed is invisible. We are not green with printing on us!
 

Mandi T. (427)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 12:59 pm
Down right crazy! Tx Melinda for sharing. At least you got a nice response letter showing you/us that we do care.
I will continue to sign and care!!
 

Charlie L. (29)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 1:20 pm
I would be interested in which science book Judy Cross has been reading or what scientific studies or research she bases her contentions on.
 

Charlie L. (29)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 1:48 pm
At this point I can't help but feel that President Obama has betrayed many of the people who elected him. We all expected this from Bush and Cheney. We knew they did'nt give a damn about wildlife or the environment. But we all wanted to believe that Obama was going to be different. I must admit I had my doubts. Our new President has confirmed those doubts. I was equally appalled some time ago when it became clear that Ken Salazar a former governor of Colorado.... who is suppsedly a Democrat....intended to continue the policies of the last Bush Administration. It is a slap in the face to environmentalists who voted for Obama that he has chosen to ignore the wishes of 100,000 or more who signed petitions calling for endangered species protections, first for the Wolves, secondly for the Polar Bears.
 

johnnie W. (23)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 2:45 pm
Do not waste your time with Judy C. she just hits and run I have already tired to pen her down and no answer back from her. I don't think she can back up what she says and if so it would matter what programing she was listing to. I feel very betrayed about president Obama, I will also e-mail if someone will pass along his e-mail. The reason I voted for him was to get rid of the Bush rules they were bad to start with and were for the benefit of the big oil companys. Salzar has blood on his hands that never come off. He is doom for every. No one will want anything to do with him anymore and if so I will be around to make sure that they knew he is a mean hearted non compassion person with a dollar for a heart, you can bet the NRA and oil companys paid him off good, because he never listen to the wishes of the people. Obama needs to remember its not bush term anymore and he needs to change things over to his way or people will never elected him for another term. President Obama take care of your terms business do not let Bush people pull you into their horrible world... I am so upset, first the wolves and now the Polar Bears, I don't know what but I sure he could come up with something elqual as bad; I BEG YOU DO SOMETHING NOW.....
 

Past Member (0)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 2:54 pm
Please watch the "The Obama Deception" its free on-line.The story is he's a puppet for the elites and others in his cabinet.Make-up your mind,think for yourselves,this will effect your future and your childrens future as well..Something is not right with this new administration.
 

Linda F. (16)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 3:41 pm
noted, very disappointing!
 

Patricia Prior (21)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 6:06 pm
What has to happen before one day we wake up and the polar bears is a faint memory? We have to protect them as no one else seems to want to do it!!
 

Kim F. (114)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 6:36 pm
Noted and and passed on. VERY DISAPPOINTING!
 

PinkMindy Ellinwood (567)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 6:50 pm
We will inform everyone, just as soon as the Center for Biological Diversity updates us about the legal actions that coming.
 

Judy Cross (83)
Saturday May 9, 2009, 10:49 pm
Actually, I live in Canada where 60% of the world's Polar bears live and thrive....and chase people...and eat them when they catch them.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1102347/Chilling-game-hide-seek-hungry-polar-bear.html
Tell me Johnnie W, what was it you wanted to know?

Federal Polar Bear Research Critically Flawed, Forecasting Expert Asserts

ScienceDaily (May 10, 2008) — Research done by the U.S. Department of the Interior to determine if global warming threatens the polar bear population is so flawed that it cannot be used to justify listing the polar bear as an endangered species, according to a study being published later this year in Interfaces, a journal of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences.
See also:
Plants & Animals

* Endangered Animals
* Animals
* Mammals

Earth & Climate

* Tundra
* Global Warming
* Geology

Reference

* Grizzly Bear
* Polar Bear
* Polar Bear
* Arctic fox

On April 30, U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken ordered the Interior Department to decide by May 15 whether polar bears should be listed under the provisions of the Endangered Species Act.

Professor J. Scott Armstrong of the Wharton School says, “To list a species that is currently in good health as an endangered species requires valid forecasts that its population would decline to levels that threaten its viability. In fact, the polar bear populations have been increasing rapidly in recent decades due to hunting restrictions. Assuming these restrictions remain, the most appropriate forecast is to assume that the upward trend would continue for a few years, then level off.

“These studies are meant to inform the US Fish and Wildlife Service about listing the polar bear as endangered. After careful examination, my co-authors and I were unable to find any references to works providing evidence that the forecasting methods used in the reports had been previously validated. In essence, they give no scientific basis for deciding one way or the other about the polar bear.”

Prof. Armstrong and colleagues originally undertook their audit at the request of the State of Alaska. The subsequent study, “Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public Policy Forecasting Audit,” is by Prof. Armstrong, Kesten G. Green of Monash University in Australia, and Willie Soon of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. It is scheduled to appear in the September/October issue of the INFORMS journal Interfaces.

Professor Armstrong is author of Long-Range Forecasting, the most frequently cited book on forecasting methods, and Principles of Forecasting. He is a co-founder of the Journal of Forecasting, the International Journal of Forecasting, the International Symposium on Forecasting, and forecastingprinciples.com.

The authors examined nine U.S. Geological Survey Administrative Reports. The studies include “Forecasting the Wide-Range Status of Polar Bears at Selected Times in the 21st Century” by Steven C. Amstrup et. al. and “Polar Bears in the Southern Beaufort Sea II: Demography and Population Growth in Relation to Sea Ice Conditions” by Christine M. Hunter et al.

Prof. Armstrong and his colleagues concluded that the most relevant study, Amstrup et al. properly applied only 15% of relevant forecasting principles and that the second study, Hunter et al. only 10%, while 46% were clearly contravened and 23% were apparently contravened.

Further, they write, the Geologic Survey reports do not adequately substantiate the authors’ assumptions about changes to sea ice and polar bears’ ability to adapt that are key to the recommendations.

Therefore, the authors write, a key feature of the U.S. Geological Survey reports is not scientifically supported.

The consequence, they maintain, is significant: The Interior Department cannot use the series of reports as a sound scientific basis for a decision about listing the polar bear as an endangered species.

Prof. Armstrong testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works on January 30, 2008 in a hearing, “Examining Threats and Protections for the Polar Bear.” A portion of the testimony can be viewed on a website partly supported by Prof. Armstrong and questioning climate change http://theclimatebet.com/.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/05/080508132549.htm
 

Lars K. (222)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 4:03 am
Judy - that's a lot of sweat for a hopelesss cause. Wake up and get real !
 

Kenneth L. (314)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 6:55 am
Judy LIES. I'm also from Canada and believe me they don't "and chase people...and eat them when they catch them." as she says. What a LIE. The only time people have any untoward encounters with polar bears is when they come into communities to scavenge garbage because their ice is melting or gone and so can not hunt normally. They certainly don't go around 'chasing people' or 'eating them when they catch them'. What a LIAR. Trying to make polar bears evil or scary. Pathetic Judy.

Also, why did the U.S. declare polar bears last March 8/08 as a Threatened Species if they're doing so well? You are simply a know-it-all who has an obsession with needing attention from others. Get a life.
 

Winefred M. (88)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 8:42 am
Too bad. If we let the animals or nature be destroyed by our own carelessness, we soon will follow.If you know what I mean, we are heading to our destruction.
 

Elena Glikina (15)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 11:58 am
It's a bad, bad thing. We must do something just now untill it's too late.
 

Judy Cross (83)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 2:24 pm
Kenneth, for heaven sake...just look at the story from Alaska i posted above and think about the way people who live in "the Polar bear Capital of the World", Churchhill ,Manitoba have to take incredible precautions.

Trying to pretend that Polar bears are cute and cuddly is ridiculous. they will eat people whenever they can get them.
http://www.polarbearalley.com/polar-bears-of-churchill-polar-bear-attack.html

The bears may not be doing well in Alaska, but that does not make them endangered as a species.

I have a life and it has always been involved with getting the truth out about things the propaganda machine wants hidden.

And the truth is that Polar bears are not now "endangered" except as a ploy to prevent oil drilling in the Arctic.
I'm not crazy about drilling in the Arctic...but I dislike using lies to support the case against drilling.
 

Samantha H. (9)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 2:35 pm
Arghhh!! The poor bears!!! :(
 

Leigh B. (211)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 3:25 pm
So angry when I heard about this but it doesn't surprise me because Salazar is running neck and neck with Sarah Palin in killing all of our sacred wolves, what a pair!
 

Rhonda Maness (602)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 3:39 pm
Noted. Thanks
 

LaJana P. (97)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 3:48 pm
I agree with Leigh Salazar and Pain are both greedy money loving animal hating waste of spaces on Earth. Should plant them both in the middle of the woods and let the wolfs eat them both or put them on a slab of ice in the Arctic and let the Polar Bears eat them. Either way at least they would then become useful.

What a shame. Do these people not understand that we should protect the Earth and the others creatures that reside on it instead of destroying everything we set our eyes on. Once we have killed off every other creature and raped the Earth of all she has to offer where will it leave us? - On a fast road to extinction ourselves.
 

Ge M. (218)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 3:53 pm
I am disappointed because here was a chance to save the Arctic. lobal warming is an issue that needs to be dealt with. I see that many people talk about population increases but not in general, in fact in total they are decreasing as is the ice and their ability to hunt food. Scientists have seen bears swimming for over 16 miles to find food and then they are so tired they cannot hunt to replace the energy lost and die. If this continues they will become extinct by the magic 2050.
 

Morgan Griffith (225)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 3:59 pm
I hate what is happening to the polar bears and other bear species as well. I can't abide watching a polar bear swimming and swimming trying to find solid ice where they can live their lives. As far as bears attacking people it seems to me that makes no difference as any wild animal is capable of attacking a human for a variety of reasons. It's time to look at this on a case by case basis instead of insinuating that bears are just wild in the streets, you know the streets that were built by humans in polar bear domain. Guess we'll just get rid of them much like we did to the Native Americans.
 

. (0)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 4:00 pm
noted and very saddening.
 

Brigid C. (118)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 4:22 pm
I will continue to fight for the polar bears I am very dissapointed at the turn of these events
 

Judy Cross (83)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 4:54 pm
One more time for the reading comprehensively challenged. The ice is back...what ever threat there might have been is over. http://www.ijis.iarc.uaf.edu/seaice/extent/AMSRE_Sea_Ice_Extent.png

Moreover, they were never in any danger to begin with.

"The polar bear survived two major warming periods over the last 11,000 years, the first of which saw temperatures rise rapidly to at least 2.50C higher than present and there is no evidence that Arctic sea ice disappeared entirely during those times or that any ice-dependent species became extinct.

Susan Crockford, PhD (University Victoria )Archaeozoology/Zoogeography; Archaeozoology in the Pacific Rim, Domestication and Breed Development, Evolutionaary Theory, Evolution and History of the Domestic Dog; Pacific Rim (Sessional Instructor and Adjunct Assistant Professor)
http://jer-skepticscorner.blogspot.com/search/label/Skeptics from around the globe-Canada
 

suzanne w. (0)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 5:21 pm
this is dissappointing...but will not stop me from my efforts.

We are going to have to work harder.....I can't believe with all the information nothing is being done!!

 

. (0)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 6:01 pm
Want to do some good join chane.org at least these go stight to Congress and Sentors and the President. Disappointed in Obama for not taking care of the wolf and Polar Bears you got that right. The pen is a powerful thing just a stroke is all it would take. But has it been done? No why Not? Can anyone tell me why? And its not because these bears come out and eat people for pity sakes same as the wolves. Like Morgan says they want to rid them just like they want to the Native Americans but, as long as a few of us remai we will keep going put that in your pipe and smoke it.
 

Past Member (0)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 6:07 pm
the only problem with everone's personal political preference is that -that's the one who determines life or death and extinction of our wildlife and promises made are not always promises kept- once they get in office thay make the choices regardless-of what they promised in the first place- i love you all for caring
 

Mandi T. (427)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 6:20 pm
Have signed and forwarded. Tx~~
 

Past Member (0)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 6:44 pm
i don't know you Judy but i don't believe polar bears chase & eat people either-come on- i know other people from Canada-now if that were true as you say-why than are there in Canada people fighting for them so they can eat them too? You know either your a animal advocate or your not-so-why trouble ourself stirring up trouble-and saying things like that??The true polar bear lovers and polar bears themselves bears have suffered enough do you not understand that?? I don't like troublemakers
 

Cherry M. (143)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 9:43 pm
I am very, very sorry to hear this. Can we do anything more?
 

sue M. (184)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 10:45 pm
Wow, what is it with these sorry excuses for humans? It is almost like they are getting rid of dangerous wildlife for a purpose. Wolves, Polar Bears, Tigers and so on........
What exactly are they scared of or is this just another Monsanto plan.
 

Past Member (0)
Sunday May 10, 2009, 11:47 pm
I will continue to fight for the noble wolves and polar bears.Salazar is only human,nothing more.(Very dissapointed in him.)
 

Viviane B. (89)
Monday May 11, 2009, 12:45 am
Sadly noted...
 

Robert Neall S. (67)
Monday May 11, 2009, 2:09 am
C'mon Obama don't bullshit, do the right thing!!!
 

Shaju Cheeran (12)
Monday May 11, 2009, 2:21 am
We, most of them voiceless people then who will save them?
 

mary f. (180)
Monday May 11, 2009, 3:53 am
noted sadly
 

Kenneth L. (314)
Monday May 11, 2009, 4:29 am
Judy, can you not stop lying? " they will eat people whenever they can get them." LIE. Taking precautions regarding polar bears is different from "they will eat people whenever they can get them". Your paranoia extends to polar bears too I see. Now I can see why Chris O. called you a liar so many times as well as LMAO (lol!).
Another LIE :" Trying to pretend that Polar bears are cute and cuddly is ridiculous". Whose trying to pretend anything? Who said that polar bears are cute and cuddly? I didn't. Just another LIE.

"The bears may not be doing well in Alaska, but that does not make them endangered as a species." Another LIE. Who said they were? They are Threatened. You don't know the difference between a Threatened listing and an Endangered one.

Another LIE: you say you've "always been involved with getting the truth out about things" Your continuous lies makes that statement just one more LIE.

I never trust anyone who lies. Especially if it's continous. Period.







 

Kenneth L. (314)
Monday May 11, 2009, 4:44 am
As far as this little tidbit you presented:
"The polar bear survived two major warming periods over the last 11,000 years, the first of which saw temperatures rise rapidly to at least 2.50C higher than present and there is no evidence that Arctic sea ice disappeared entirely during those times or that any ice-dependent species became extinct."

There's one important little variable entered into the equation now: INTENSIVE AND EXTENSIVE MODERN HUMAN-EFFECT ACTIVITIES REGARDING POLAR BEARS, INCLUDING ENVIRONMENTAL AND HABITAT IMPACTS (and I'm not talking about the relatively small aboriginal people's impacts on them for the last 11,000 years).

 

suzanne o. (43)
Monday May 11, 2009, 10:33 am
i feel angry , upset , afraid .... this is a real war for me , & now one does not trust anyone because maybe even a friend is telling salazar what to do ...who knows what this game of deception is & where is will round up . but if this comes from the old oil business scene - then we have to see who to re-begin to petition to , before something worse happens .
are we being too slow ? should we try to anticipate & prevent /
 

Tamra Herman (33)
Monday May 11, 2009, 2:03 pm
We're still fighting through every avenue available for both the wolves and the polar bears. I know that Change.org, Boigems, Defenders of Wildlife, WWF, and IDA are all fighting to protect both of these beutiful species! None of us are giving up the fight!
 

Past Member (0)
Monday May 11, 2009, 4:13 pm
I am so disappointed in Ken Salazar. I had thought he would take better care of our wildlife. It makes me so angry that he thinks Polar Bears are not worth saving. Every animal in the world is worth saving. It just might be time for Ken Salazar to go. NOW.
 

. (0)
Monday May 11, 2009, 9:45 pm
Here is an actual copy of the sent 'reply' e-mail to Mr. Kieran Suckling from Melinda E. and myself with private information removed:

To: kieran@biologicaldiversity.org
Cc: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx
From: robert marsh & melinda ellinwood
Subject: Re: Breaking News: Salazar Says No to Protecting Polar Bear
Date: Friday, May 8, 2009 11:27 PM

Dear Mr. Suckling;

Many of our Care2 (C2NN) members are angered and disgusted at the current administration outcome!!!

We are encouraged by the coming legal battles for justice in the anti-extinction campaign, in order to save the polar bears.

Please visit the following submitted news on the Care2 News Network (C2NN):

"The Polar Bears Have Suffered Another Blow!!!" :
http://www.care2.com/news/member/551391653/1138219

* If there is any media course of action to take toward persuading public opinion in this matter, then just let us know and we shall attempt to promote this extremely worthy cause!

Thank you for your attention in this matter and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Robert Marsh II & Melinda Ellinwood
 

Carin Myrberg (15)
Tuesday May 12, 2009, 12:42 am
The polar bears must be saved!
 

Elaine Robinson (131)
Tuesday May 12, 2009, 3:01 am
This is a SAD TIME first the wolves now the polar bears.
 

Candace Z. (0)
Tuesday May 12, 2009, 3:19 am
Too bad we can't egg the whitehouse.... Polar bears deserve to live!
 

roseann s. (220)
Tuesday May 12, 2009, 7:24 am
We yet to see the compassion of Prez BO on his stance on animal welfare."Change we can" - well, let's see him in ACTION in putting this "change" into practice by saving the POLAR BEER impending gloom.Or wiil he (bo) be another typical politician who promisess but delivers NADA!
 

roseann s. (220)
Tuesday May 12, 2009, 7:25 am
To Prez.Bo history will not judge you very well if you fail to do what is moral and noble to save the Polar Bear from extinction and protect their habitat.Mr. Obama it's also the wishes of the people who elected you.Don't disappoint them plus the polar beer can't wait any longer.
 

Karla F. (24)
Tuesday May 12, 2009, 8:41 am
I was very disheartened to hear this about President Obama. I thought he wanted change.
 

Marena Chen (200)
Wednesday May 13, 2009, 9:35 am
When will this insanity ever end?
 

Charlie L. (29)
Thursday May 14, 2009, 8:37 pm
Personally, I don't give a stinking damn if Polar Bears do eat some people! That is one of the unfortuanate things that can happen when for one thing, greedy corporate interests and individual humans disturb animal's habitat and damage the ecosystem. Many of the people who this happens to bring it upon themselves! No animal should be driven to the brink of extinction just because some people have the bad luck or poor judgement to come in contact with them. The bears would not be scavenging in peoples trash cans if oil spills were not killing fish and other species in the food chain and climate change caused by green house gases were not melting the ice.
 

Charlie L. (29)
Thursday May 14, 2009, 8:56 pm
Songbird may have a point worth considering. I have written some emails to change.org. But I have signed a lot more petitions. Since the current administration in Washington thinks it's okay to ignore over 100,000 signatures on petitions maybe we need to bombard change.org with emails and send printed mail directly to the President. If that fails I wonder if it's time to consider a million plus march in Washington. I know the people in DC don't like demonstrations, but sometimes it may be the only way to get their attention.
 

Susan Hall-Amado (62)
Tuesday May 19, 2009, 8:15 am
If our leaders keep allowing beautiful wn to be on this planet. Besides, life will cease to exist. Our leaders are supposed to represent the people and their needs. Therefore, we, the people of Care2 and all organizations like us, insist that all animals/wildlife, polar bears, wolves, and seals, just to name a few, should be protected.
Our planet as a whole, should be protected and the air that we breathe, should be protected. This is not just for our benefit, but for the benefit of all those that will come after us. Our children, their children and so on.
It is not the job of Leaders to line their pockets with our hard earned incomes; it is their job to do as we wish. We were the ones to give them these jobs and we can take them away.

It is time, that they listen. We do not want our wildlife to be murdered.
 

Susan Hall-Amado (62)
Tuesday May 19, 2009, 8:29 am
Oops, sorry, part of my comment is missing. I our Leaders insist on allowing the destruction of our wildlife, our forests, and oceans, and the air that we breath, there will be no reason to live...there will be nothing left on this planet.
 

Shaju Cheeran (12)
Tuesday May 19, 2009, 9:34 am
We must need an international law for the protection of wild animals
 

Cheyenne Rose Wolf (61)
Sunday May 31, 2009, 4:29 pm
So extremely sad for God's precous polar bears! I truly thought that with the Obama administration, there would be a "good" change for our animals! Just as the first comment mentioned, seems there is still that "Bush" 'EVIL TAINT' left affecting not only our innocent and voiceless polar bears who are so extremely endangered but also our wolves! GOD HELP HIS BEAUTIFUL ANIMALS AGAINST 'EVIL, GREEDY AND SELFISH MAN'!!!
 

Past Member (0)
Wednesday December 9, 2009, 3:10 am
There are no decent politicians...personally, Obama is no different than Bush, the broken promise about the family dog, then the continuation of the Bush administration within the Obama administration...the fact that he is the 1st black president doesn´t mean there´s going to be any difference, politicians might begin with ideals, give them power and it´s back to $$ and power, not change or ideals

jeux ps2
 

PinkMindy Ellinwood (567)
Monday September 12, 2011, 10:48 pm

*My Latest Care2 News Articles @ http://www.care2.com/news/member/551391653?sort=submitted

A federal investigation has been launched into this Obama Team stimulus investment using tax payer's monies, as financial auditors were warning of possible bankruptcy, which has caused everyone to scratch their heads and ask "Where is the $535M???".

> "Obama Team Backed $535 Million To Solyndra Solar Company, As Auditors Warned Of Troubled Finances" @ Care2 News:

http://www.care2.com/news/member/551391653/2941732


We have to seriously wonder if Vice President Biden's blunder (remember him?) was just a prelude to Obama's failed economic policies, because now we understand that Obama's solution was and still is to throw money ( 1+ trillion $$$) at the problem.

> "Jobs: Obama's Most Dangerous '3-Letter' Word Reflects Failed Economic Policies" @ Care2 News:

http://www.care2.com/news/member/551391653/2941356


American Jobs Act: Take this jobs plan and shove it! This is the best plan coming out of Washington D.C. since (wait for it ...), yes, since Clash of the Clunkers.

> "Al's Emporium: He's Not JOBama" @ Care2 News:

http://www.care2.com/news/member/551391653/2941423


Watch and experience the most pathetic presidential speech in the history of the United States of America, not only the worst speech in the tenure of President Obama's political career, but spells the end of that career as his days are surely numbered.

> "President Obama Sends American Jobs Plan To Congress - Rose Garden Speech - Video @ Care2 News:

http://www.care2.com/news/member/551391653/2942269

************************************************************

To The Reader;

Do you feel that President Obama is a lame-duck leader stuck in perpetual grid-lock and do you further suspect the Democratic Party is about to ask Obama to withdraw from the 2012 re-election race, in order to clear a path for real viable Dem candidates???

Then here is the alternative Care2 group for you to join, because we have daily articles that do not protect Obama with any kind of 'white kid gloves'!! : > > > >

> "The Questionable & Grid-Locked Obama" @ Care2 Groups:

http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/ObamasFate

We hope to see you there!!!
 
Or, log in with your
Facebook account:
Please add your comment: (plain text only please. Allowable HTML: <a>)

Track Comments: Notify me with a personal message when other people comment on this story


Loading Noted By...Please Wait

 


butterfly credits on the news network

  • credits for vetting a newly submitted story
  • credits for vetting any other story
  • credits for leaving a comment
learn more

Most Active Today in US Politics & Gov't

PinkMindy Ellinwood

PinkMindy E.
PinkMindy's contributions:
Stories noted recently: 0
Stories submitted: 288
Front Page stories: 202




 
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.