START A PETITION37,000,000 members: the world's largest community for good

Dog's Shiny Water Bowl Cause of House Fire in California


Society & Culture  (tags: safety, sadness, society, health, protection, prevention, warning, treatment, family, Body-Mind-Spirit, interesting, pets, suffering, animalwelfare, investigation )

Kelly
- 1451 days ago - examiner.com
In Santa Rosa, a retriever's dog bowl ignited a house fire which burned a small part of the home's siding last week. Just a bit of concentrated sunlight refracting off of the dog's shiny water bowl could have burned down the house. Scary?



Select names from your address book   |   Help
   

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.

Comments

. (0)
Sunday May 5, 2013, 1:27 pm
This story is so close to home, its incredible. I recently moved my cat's' bowl out of the sun because I thought the bowl would get too hot for them to eat .
 

Candy L (473)
Sunday May 5, 2013, 4:35 pm
I always keep water dish in shaded area, so it stays cool, but on really hot days I will change it often. Good to know.
 

Sue Matheson (79)
Sunday May 5, 2013, 4:42 pm
pretty scary
 
Or, log in with your
Facebook account:
Please add your comment: (plain text only please. Allowable HTML: <a>)


Track Comments: Notify me with a personal message when other people comment on this story


Loading Noted By...Please Wait

 


butterfly credits on the news network

  • credits for vetting a newly submitted story
  • credits for vetting any other story
  • credits for leaving a comment
learn more

Most Active Today in Society & Culture





 
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.

New to Care2? Start Here.