Start A Petition

Science & Tech

LOGOUT FACEBOOK
Science & Tech  (tags: social media, computers, Internet, racism, fake news, propaganda )

Freya
- 120 days ago - naacp.org
Facebook's engagement with partisan firms, its targeting of political opponents, the spread misinformation and the utilization of Facebook for propaganda promoting disingenuous portrayals of the African American community is reprehensible.
Tell Amazon: Stop Pitching Face Recognition to ICE
Science & Tech  (tags: privacy, spying, racism, oppression, petitions )

Freya
- 173 days ago - act.demandprogress.org
New reports reveal that, while the nation was outraged over ICE's family separation policy at the border, Amazon executives were meeting with ICE to sell them facial recognition software that, get this, can't tell people of color apart.
Racism Still Contaminating Science
Science & Tech  (tags: activism, Faye Flam, hippies, racism, science, worldwide hippies )

Joseph
- 2878 days ago - worldwidehippies.com
When a Psychology Today magazine blog appeared under the headline "Why Are African American Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women?", some dismissed it as an isolated incident of racism and misogyny creeping into science
Pair Jailed for Web Race Crimes
Science & Tech  (tags: tech, computers, Internet, websites, racism, hate crimes, investigation, crime, convicted )

Dee
- 3568 days ago - news.bbc.co.uk
Two men have been jailed after becoming the first in the UK to be convicted of inciting racial hatred via a foreign website. The men's bid for asylum was thrown out by a judge.
Brain Division Could Help Explain Stereotyping, Religious Conflict and Racism
Science & Tech  (tags: research, science, study, investigation, humans, society, neuroscience, brain, social skills, racism, stereotyping, religious conflict )

J.
- 4047 days ago - nature.com
How our brain handles the question of someone's attitude to anything,from traffic jams to art,depends on how we feel we relate to them as a person.However this research pans out,there is hope for creating stronger empathy with people unlike ourselves.
Man Convicted After Internet Hoax Leads to Deadly Shooting
Science & Tech  (tags: internet, myspace, racism, crime, death )

Dee
- 4133 days ago - cnn.com
RIVERHEAD, New York (AP) -- A jury Saturday convicted a black man of killing a white teen during a racially charged confrontation outside the man's home despite his claims that he feared a lynch mob had come to attack his family.
DNA Advances Fuel Racism Fears
Science & Tech  (tags: DNA, genetics, genes, racism, humans )

Eduardo
- 4173 days ago - postchronicle.com
New developments in genetics are advancing medicine, but some scientists and advocates fear they could be misinterpreted as support for racist theories. Though about 99 percent of DNA is identical, the remaining 1 percent is not.
   

butterfly credits on the news network

  • credits for vetting a newly submitted story
  • credits for vetting any other story
  • credits for leaving a comment
learn more

Popular Tags for: Science & Tech

Most Active Stories Today in Science & Tech tagged with racism

top story finders in Science & Tech

1. Animae C 17 popular stories

2. Mike R 16 popular stories

3. Mary T 15 popular stories

4. Freya H 15 popular stories

5. . 14 popular stories

6. Carole K 14 popular stories

7. Marty Powell 12 popular stories

8. Sue H 12 popular stories

9. Darlene K 12 popular stories

10. Paulo R 12 popular stories

more top news finders »

What makes a top story finder?
A top finder is someone who submits stories that become popular and are promoted to the front page.

wanted: news analysts

Get Active in the Care2 News Network!

Help ferret out the most noteworthy of the Newly Submitted stories and promote them to the Front Page.

care2 news network tools

News Network Bookmarklet

Submit stories from your browser toolbar with the easy to use Add to Care2 News! bookmarklet.

News Network Syndication

Get this page in RSS. Keep up to date with the Care2 News Network in your favorite RSS reader. Yahoo!, Newsgator, Bloglines, and more!
Find out how to subscribe!

care2 newsletter spotlight

Join over 2 Million Care2 Subscribers! Sign up for our FREE Newsletters, Delivered to your Inbox!





New to Care2? Start Here.