Start A Petition

Fort Hood Mass Shootings: 12 Killed By Alleged Gunman Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan


World  (tags: Army, Gunman, Texas )

Nancy
- 3540 days ago - nydailynews.com
An Army shrink who specialized in treating combat stress snapped Thursday and launched a bloody rampage at Fort Hood Army Base in Texas that killed 12 people and wounded 31, officials said.



   

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.

Comments

Gorilly Girl (339)
Friday November 6, 2009, 6:02 am
Oh I fear more of our Muslin friends are going to catch more hell after this...

BigGorilly Hygs
 

Jaclin S (230)
Friday November 6, 2009, 4:36 pm
Golly GG I fear you are right. It is just too sad!!! TY Nancy B. Love & Light
 

Blacktiger P (247)
Friday November 6, 2009, 11:04 pm
They should have let him buy his way out. So sad, so stupid, so unnecessary!!! He knew he could not go back to the "green zone" and treat his patients for what he knew they were feeling. Could have been saved, they could have been saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Mandi T (367)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 12:21 am
I've been watching on CNN. Such a tragedy. I pray and keep in my thougths for the lost loved ones and family.
I hope this doesn't start anything.
Tks Nancy
 

Paul Puckett (46)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 3:07 am
Hopefully people will not judge cultures based on the acts of one man. He committed the crime on a Federal base and is subject to Federal law. I doubt the media will have access to him which will keep the story from expanding or going on for too long. Very sad.
 

Past Member (0)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 4:30 am
These newest endless wars are hurting many people, American and Middle Eastern alike. We cannot send men and women to long, dangerous duties three and four times in a row without hurting those honorable individuals physically and mentally. We are asking way too much of these wonderful people...and the arguments against sending them at all are both numerous and worthy. This psychiatrist will face justice if he survives, as he should. His crime is horrendous. However, the U.S. President and Congress have to accept responsibility for a growing population of stressed, physically and mentally impaired soldiers and veterans, and for remaining unable to justify these military actions. We have to provide much more support for them here. We have to bring them all home now.
 

Simon Wood (207)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 5:07 am
Yanquis!!! Always starting wars (for reasons of capitalist greed) which they won't accept the consequences of!!!
 

Simon Wood (207)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 5:07 am
The chickens have come home to roost AGAIN.

Time to MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR. :P
 

Simon Wood (207)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 5:11 am
Gorilly Girl wrote: "Oh I fear more of our Muslin friends are going to catch more hell after this..."

So do something about it!!!

Get your government to pull its troops out of the dozens of countries where they are killing and oppressing people!!!

And get your government to enact genuine anti-racism programs, like the ones Cuba has had success with!!!
 

Simon Wood (207)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 5:16 am
Free Iraq from U.S. occupation, oppression and exploitation of its workers and oil!!!

Free Afghanistan from U.S. occupation and the U.S.-supported fundamentalist warlord government!!!

Free Palestine from the brutal U.S. supported Israeli occupation!!! (Still supported by U.S.$3-4 billion military aid each year!!!)

Close all U.S. military bases outside of the USA!!!
 

Simon Wood (207)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 5:21 am
Israel, USA,
how many kids have you killed today???
 

Simon Wood (207)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 5:40 am
Mandi T wrote:

"I've been watching on CNN. Such a tragedy. I pray and keep in my thougths for the lost loved ones and family.
I hope this doesn't start anything. "

Start anything??? You citizens of the USA already started it by building military bases to dominate dozens of countries, attacking numerous countries over the years, including Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Somalia, Sudan, Grenada, Haiti and Panama, plus supporting coups and proxy wars against the populations of dozens of nations, including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Nicaragua, Venezuela, etc., etc..

supporting Israel's brutal occupation of Palestine (electing U.S. governments that give Israel U.S.$3-4 billion military aid each year), and then killing over 1 million people (over 50% of were children) with the one-sided "Gulf War" massacre and then 10 years of sanctions against Iraq, and then invading Iraq a second time to cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands more people, and doing the same type of thing in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and supporting numerous brutal regimes around the world, including in El Salvador, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, and the current coup regime in Honduras (which is still in power and oppressing the people of Honduras, despite the "unity government" P.R. campaign)....

What about the loved ones of all of the people who your vicious soldiers and mercenaries have killed??? Apparently the people of the USA only think of their own citizens - especially white ones - and that is how they carry out their foreign policy "God Bless America - Our country first" [to the detriment of the rest of teh world!!!]
 

. (0)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 6:52 am
This person needs to be tried in a court of law, he does need to be held accountable for his actions... as a shrink he should know better and seek help... this is his profession and he has be trained in this profession for years.. he has no excuse... People are dead and hurting this is unjust and unfortunately the Muslims have lost another featehr in their cap... because of his selfish act
 

Shirley H (49)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 12:47 pm
Why didn't someone see this coming ?
He was a terrorist and an unstable one at that.
So what if he was a military Psychiatrist - he was the one that needed help.
There is no excuse for what he did.
Shirley H.
 

Edward Craig (20)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 12:52 pm
He'll be courtmarshaled in accordance with military law.
 

Edward Craig (20)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 12:53 pm
OK, court martialed
 

Rolland Nadjiwon (6)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 1:31 pm
Simon Wood...I commend you on your larger perspectives...
 

(0)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 2:14 pm
It really shouldn't matter what his religion was or his desire to leave the military, he signed up for a specific time to serve and should have been capable of honoring it. Hasan without a doubt has not an ounce of justification in commiting his crime.

With that said, this individual committed the crime and not a particular religion or sect. So, if there are any amongst us wanting to stir and flame the winds of bigotry, need to keep their traps shut and allow due process to do its duty...
 

David Gould (155)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 5:17 pm
I have been advised b y my many Muslim friends that to order a Muslim to wage war upon his fellow Muslim causes huge problems. The Army should have realised that t was the height of stupidity to send this man out to wage war on Islamic people in Iraq. He was placed in an impossible position and something cracked...and No he was not a terrorist and more than the US Army is a terrorist organisation.
The safest way of handling these issues is to say that Muslim service personnel should not have to serve in active theatres of war where their enemy is likely to belong to their faith...better still lets get all the troops home for good.
 

Donn M (56)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 8:57 pm
By the way Simon, the spelling is "the", not teh. Guess the Australian education system leaves much to be desired, also.
 

Donn M (56)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 9:03 pm
He committed a crime, cold-blooded, pre-meditated murder is a crime and he will be held accountable.
 

Donn M (56)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 9:09 pm
Oh really, John. It's a response to Simon's silly correction above.
 

Paul Puckett (46)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 9:13 pm
Simon, POW's are typically members of the opposing force. This killer was in the same uniform as those that he chose to shoot. The word is not POW and Geneva conventions do not apply, to this or most things I might add. His crime took place on US soil and on a Federal Base. He is subject to Federal Law and given the number of witnesses and the fact that he was shot while in the act, he will likely be convicted. Sorry we annoy you, those that oppose the US Military based on the desire for peace might maintain more credibility by not defending someone who killed innocent unarmed people in cold blood. Is it an end to violence or an end to the US Military that you support?
 

John R (56)
Saturday November 7, 2009, 9:24 pm
Oh fair enough. I understand OZ has a really good education system.
 

Stan B (123)
Sunday November 8, 2009, 12:41 am
Simon Wood. You are a pathetic excuse for a Care 2 member. More than 40 innocent people either killed or wounded and all you can do is stand on your soap-box and start sprouting your International Socialist rubbish. Not an ounce of compassion or concern for the victims. Just your usual dumb, mindless anti- American and anti- Israel garbage. You are totally brain-washed, indoctrinated and lack any sensitivity or compassion. I'm ashamed and embarrassed to have the same nationality as you.
On behalf of all decent, normal Australians, I offer my sincere condolences to all the familes who have been affected by yet another example of Radical Islamic terror.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
 

Simon Wood (207)
Sunday November 8, 2009, 3:49 am
Donni wrote:

"By the way Simon, the spelling is "the", not teh. Guess the Australian education system leaves much to be desired, also."

"teh" is leetspeak and a slang alternative for "the":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh

Actually, as you can see in the rest of my writing, I do know how to spell "the". I did a typo, because the Australian education system does not teach touch-typing, and taught me other more important things instead, such as:

(1) how to spell the names of persecuted religions in order to respect people of persecuted religions,

(2) the reality of power and some of how and why to challenge powerful people and increase democracy and equality (we studied the history of Ned Kelly, who was a rebel against Australia's oppressive and exploitative ruling class, and Orwell's "Animal Farm"), propaganda (e.g. we studied Orwell's "1984"),

(3) the reality of war and why not to support it (we studied Brecht's play "Mother Courage" and the poems of WW1 soldier Wilfred Owen which expose the horrors of war),

and (4) where Afghanistan and Iraq are located.

I also made the typo because I was so annoyed at U.S. ignorance - which is due to the flag worshipping, authoritarian, jingoistic, capitalist, imperialist mis-education system (including the mis-education given by the capitalist media in the USA).

The result of that mis-education system is clear in that:

(1) people don't know how to spell "Muslim" (they spell it like the cloth "muslin", instead)...

(2) people in the U.S. military and U.S. society in general persecute many people, such as Muslims, Indigenous Americans, Latinos, Black people (a Black president does not mean that anti-black racism has stopped), etc....

and (3) the USA uses its military, military aid and arms sales to oppressive regimes, UN security council vetoes, etc., to terrorise billions of people into submitting to U.S. puppet regimes and U.S. corporate exploitation, which means that the USA plunders hundreds of billions of dollars in wealth from the Third World each year, and causes death to millions of people each year (including 11 million children who die from impoverishment each year, in this world of obscenely huge ill-gotten U.S. wealth and decadent luxury), and causes suffering to billions of people.
 

Simon Wood (207)
Sunday November 8, 2009, 4:45 am
Now I am being asked to have compassion for U.S. imperialist paid-killers and their families, because they signed up to risk being killed for U.S. oil-greed and corporate power, and now they have been killed?

Sure, I have compassion for them. Just because I don't mention something, does not mean it does not exist. And the fact that I described how U.S. imperialism has oppressed people and resulted in backlash, does not mean that I don't have compassion for those who suffer from this conflict.

But DO YOU have compassion for the freedom fighters (such as Nidal Malik Hasan who was mentioned above), who campaign against U.S. oil-greed and corporate power, against racism and religious persecution, against the authoritarian U.S. military system, and against U.S. imperialism's paid killers (who you call "U.S. troops")???

And DO YOU have compassion for the families of those freedom fighters, and for the millions of civilians who your U.S. paid killers have killed, maimed, raped, traumatised, and whose loved ones your paid killers have killed, and whose homes your paid killers have destroyed, etc., etc.???

Your support for the U.S. military industrial complex and U.S. imperialism shows that you don't have compassion for the billions of victims of U.S. imperialism - you support the continuation of the oppression and war that is causing their suffering.

The anti-imperialist campaign which I urge you to join, is the only way to end the U.S.-initiated conflict which is causing so much suffering and so many deaths (though mostly to people in Third World countries). Please FREE YOUR MIND (as those En Vogue lyrics go), and learn about alternatives to capitalism and imperialism, learn how we can make our political-economic system more democratic and equal for all people, plus create equality between nations, and an end to the first world's plunder of the Third World.

In short, the USA is the bully, and the only way to end the bullying is to stop the bully, by any means necessary. (I want to make clear here that attacks against U.S. soldiers is a way that succeeds in ending U.S. imperialism, but attacks against civilians does not succeed in ending U.S. imperialism - it only serves as propaganda fodder FOR U.S. IMPERIALISM. I.e. "any means necessary" does not include attacks against civilians, i.e. "terrorism".)

Peace : )
 

Simon Wood (207)
Sunday November 8, 2009, 4:54 am
"Is it an end to violence or an end to the US Military that you support?"

Same thing, when we are talking about U.S. imperialist wars. We could gain temporary peace by surrendering to the U.S. bully - but that won't help matters: if we do that, the oppression and U.S. corporate exploitation will be increased, and the U.S. bully will become free to attack yet more people.

The only way to peace is by defeating the U.S. bully, something like we did in the Vietnam War, but with a much more complete victory than that - a REVOLUTIONARY victory, which ends U.S. imperialism, and transforms the U.S. military from an imperialist military into an authentic DEFENCE force.
 

Simon Wood (207)
Sunday November 8, 2009, 5:11 am
Chaz Gaily Berlusconi wrote:

"This person needs to be tried in a court of law, he does need to be held accountable for his actions... as a shrink he should know better and seek help... this is his profession and he has be trained in this profession for years.. he has no excuse... People are dead and hurting this is unjust and unfortunately the Muslims have lost another featehr in their cap... because of his selfish act"

As I explained in numerous writings above and under other news articles, FIGHTING AGAINST U.S. IMPERIALISM IS NOT SELFISH - IT BENEFITS EVERYONE WHO CURRENTLY SUFFERS UNDER U.S. IMPERIALISM, AND IN FACT, THE ENTIRE WORLD.

If we apply the laws used against the nazis at the post-WW2 Nuremburg trials, then Nidal Malik Hasan will be treated like a hero (like the men in the German military who tried to assassinate Hitler, and those German soldiers who mutinied in other ways, too).

And if we apply the laws used against the nazis at the post-WW2 Nuremburg trials, then much of the LOYAL U.S. military will be put on trial for war crimes, and the past and present governments of the USA will be put on trial for war crimes, too.

P.S. "needs" are a subjective idea, they cannot be proven, and each person disagrees about what things are "needed".

However, we can agree about facts in the real world, because they are based on evidence. E.g. the fact that the U.S. government is dominated by U.S. corporations (evidenced by capitalist political party donations and the facts of government policies of those capitalist political parties), and e.g. the fact that the U.S. government is supporting a fundamentalist regime in Afghanistan (largely made up of Northern Alliance warlords), which is as abusive to women's rights and human rights as the Taliban was, and e.g. the fact that Afghanistan is the easiest way for U.S. corporations to transport oil and gas out of the resource-rich nations of Central Asia, the facts of U.S. aggressions towards the neighbours of Afghanistan (especially Iran and Russia), and the fact that a U.S. puppet regime in Afghanistan and U.S. military bases in Afghanistan enable the USA to have more power relative to the neighbouring nations of Russia, Iran and the nation of Central Asia.
 

Gorgeous H (142)
Sunday November 8, 2009, 9:39 am
Some fear backlash against Muslims in US military
By RACHEL ZOLL and MICHELLE ROBERTS (AP)

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan’s family says he confided in them that he felt harassed as a Muslim in the U.S. military — and wasn’t treated as an American and soldier should be.

He visibly lived his faith, wearing his military uniform to services and a cap and tunic around his apartment complex. But one day, he discovered his “Allah is Love” bumper sticker was ripped up and torn, and his car was keyed. A fellow soldier was charged, and the apartment manager where the two lived said the serviceman had recently returned from Iraq and was upset that Hasan is Muslim.

Authorities don’t know if Hasan’s faith or encounters with other soldiers played any role in the attack at Fort Hood, and a motive is still not clear. They say he jumped atop a desk and began firing on his fellow soldiers, yelling “Allahu akbar!” — a phrase that means “God is great!” in Arabic — as he set off on a rampage that killed 13 and wounded 29 others.

Still, some of the thousands of Muslims in the U.S. military worry that one burst of violence could unravel all of their work to be accepted as loyal, dedicated soldiers, and that their reputation could be another casualty of the attack.


“Just as this guy in Fort Hood doesn’t represent every single Muslim in the world or in this county, the few ignorant or racist people that remain in the military, they are so few and far between, they do not represent the military at large,” said Ashkan Bayatpour, 25, a U.S. Navy veteran and the American-born son of Iranian immigrants.

Army Chief of Staff George Casey said this week he worried about a backlash after the shootings. However, leaders of the American Muslim Armed Forces and Veterans Affairs Council predict that any backlash will be limited. Military personnel often have a more sophisticated world view after traveling the globe and working with people from diverse backgrounds, said Abdul-Rashid Abdullah, a U.S. Army veteran who served from 1991 to 1998.

Most importantly, he said, they form strong bonds with their fellow soldiers. In his weekly radio and Internet address, President Barack Obama noted those bonds, too.

“They are Americans of every race, faith and station. They are Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus and nonbelievers,” Obama said. “They are descendants of immigrants and immigrants themselves. They reflect the diversity that makes this America. But what they share is a patriotism like no other.”

There is no exact count of Muslims in the military. The Pentagon lists 3,557 Muslims out of 1.4 million U.S. servicemembers, however the figure is likely low because the disclosure is voluntary, military officials said.

The Army trains officers to be sensitive to Muslim culture because the nation is anxious to hand over security responsibilities in Iraq and Afghanistan to local authorities. But when combat troops are trained with war games, the soldiers playing “enemy” are often wearing head scarfs or traditional Muslim caps and knee-length tunics in mock villages or other surroundings with fake roadside bombs and exchanges of “gunfire.”

Bob Jenkins, a spokesman at Fort Campbell in Kentucky, said that the notion of fighting an enemy with commonalities to U.S. servicemembers is not new — and that other soldiers have had to come to terms with that in past conflicts.

“There is really no difference if you get someone who is of Italian heritage in World War II and send them into Italy to fight the people who backed Mussolini,” he said. “There are some things you have to come to grips with.”

The armed services have a clear, well-known policy against discrimination, said Imam Yahya Hendi, a Georgetown University chaplain who has worked for more than a decade with U.S. military personnel. The military requires servicemembers to respect others’ beliefs, and he has found officers take complaints of prejudice very seriously.

He noted that the U.S. military is desperate to recruit American Muslims and make them feel welcome because, like many government agencies, the Armed Services need people with knowledge of Islam, Muslim culture and the Arabic language. Hendi has traveled to military bases nationwide, including several visits to Fort Hood, holding classes for soldiers deploying to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Still, Hendi said policies and sensitivity training can’t stop every snide comment. He said rank-and-file Muslim servicemembers have complained to him of being asked whether “you guys always pray to destroy us,” or “Are you going to do what your people do?’”

Hendi said he has encountered a few people during his trainings who consider the Muslim religion, not extremism, the real threat to national security.

“There are always individuals who don’t want to believe what you’re saying about Muslims or Islam,” he said. “They think you’re evil.”

Bayatpour, who grew up in Mobile, Ala., and served in Iraq, said it was rare to hear offensive comments about his religion from fellow servicemembers. He said he found his presence in the Navy encouraged questions about what Islam teaches, and would often spark conversation about commonalities between Islam and Christianity.

There have been pockets of conflict over religion in the military in recent years with accusations that Christian officers are evangelizing and creating an uncomfortable environment for underlings. However, Bayatpour said no one ever tried to persuade him to convert. The closest anyone came was giving him a copy of the best-selling book “The Purpose-Driven Life.”

___

Roberts reported from San Antonio and Zoll reported from New York.


Associated Press writers April Castro in Killeen, Texas; Samantha Henry and Brett Zongker in Washington; Katrina Scoggins at Fort Jackson, S.C.; Kevin Maurer in Wilmington, N.C.; and Amy Taxin in Tustin, Calif., contributed to this report
 

John R (56)
Sunday November 8, 2009, 2:49 pm
The facist and racist opinions of rednecks from Queensland are a disgrace to Australia.
 

Donn M (56)
Sunday November 8, 2009, 8:17 pm
So now this dumba** murderer is a freedom fighter? Get real, Simon. And take a look at your keyboard and please note where the n and m are located. That's right , right next to each other. So Muslin is just as likely to be a typo as anything. Not a deliberate attempt to disrespect a member of a supposed "persecuted" religion. Muslims are no more persecuted than anyone of any other religion. If some people seem to have an inordinate fear of Muslims, who can blame them, with all the fanatical nasties running loose who claim to be Muslim. I've noticed the kind of respect you show for people of faith, and I am not much impressed.
 

Stan B (123)
Monday November 9, 2009, 1:18 am
Donni. Your comment was spot on but expect about a dozen posts in response from Care 2's own Chairman Mao with quotes from his little red book. You might even get a reaction from his intellectually challenged cheer squad who describe anyone who disagrees with them as fascists,racists and trolls.
LOL.
 

Simon Wood (207)
Monday November 9, 2009, 2:56 am
Hi Gorilly Girl, I am sorry for criticing you about your spelling in this mutiny thread. I think we are pretty much on the same side, and what I was angry at you about was that I thought you were blaming a Muslim mutineer for the anti-Muslim persecution which bigoted people might do in response to his mutiny.

I am sorry that I did not respond to what I was actually angry about.

Please forgive me for criticising you about your spelling?
 

Simon Wood (207)
Monday November 9, 2009, 3:14 am
Donni wrote:

"So now this dumba** murderer is a freedom fighter? Get real, Simon. And take a look at your keyboard and please note where the n and m are located. That's right , right next to each other. So Muslin is just as likely to be a typo as anything. Not a deliberate attempt to disrespect a member of a supposed "persecuted" religion. Muslims are no more persecuted than anyone of any other religion. If some people seem to have an inordinate fear of Muslims, who can blame them, with all the fanatical nasties running loose who claim to be Muslim. I've noticed the kind of respect you show for people of faith, and I am not much impressed."

Donni, I am not here to impress you. If racists and pro-imperialists like you were not against me, I would think I was doing something wrong. : P

I just noticed you arguing against what I said about "Muslin". Well, I apologised to Gorilly Girl, but I did not apologise to Gorilly Girl for you. It was before I read your comment.

Heh, fear of Muslims as a group is ISLAMOPHOBIA. It is prejudice, and it is not psychologically healthy.

I respect and care about all PEOPLE. I don't respect FAITH OR DOGMA - I respect the scientific approach instead (basing beliefs on EVIDENCE, and changing thiose beliefs when the evidence warrants it), which is the most psychologically healthy approach to life. However, I don't usually criticise the religious ideas of people (e.g. Muslims) who ARE ALREADY OPPRESSED AND CRITICISED BY THE POWERFUL AND OPPRESSIVE GROUPS OF THE WORLD (e.g. first world governments, corporations and most white people).

I respect and care about people, whatever their beliefs, so if I think that they might listen to me, I tell them the truth (including about religion and reality), and I encourage people to apply the scientific approach to life. I believe that this is the most respectful and caring thing that anyone can do for another person.

I have Muslim friends, and I am currently "dating" with a Muslim woman over the internet. I stand in solidarity with all oppressed people. I suggest you do the same, before your USA goes down the toilet, because the people fighting back against U.S. aggression and oppression will flush it down there if you don't stop your greedy, murderous imperialism.

Long live anti-imperialism!!! Liberty!!! Equality!!! Solidarity!!!
 

Simon Wood (207)
Monday November 9, 2009, 3:32 am
stan b wrote:

"Donni. Your comment was spot on but expect about a dozen posts in response from Care 2's own Chairman Mao with quotes from his little red book. You might even get a reaction from his intellectually challenged cheer squad who describe anyone who disagrees with them as fascists,racists and trolls.
LOL."

First of all, that is a personal attack against a number of people, and so is against the Care2 Code of Conduct.

Secondly, if you say something rascist or fascist, then we will show that it is rascist or fascist. So I advise you not to say racist or fascist things.

Thirdly, Mao was not socialist. Stan b clearly does not know what socialism means. Socialism means "society owning and controlling the means of production, distribution and exchange" - i.e. an expansion of democracy to manage the entire economic sphere (which is currently controlled by a few megarich major shareholders, who thus dominate governments), which means food, clean water, health care, arms manufacturing, etc., and therefore determines the rest of politics, and therefore socialism is a more democratic system than we currently have.

The system that Mao ruled over was not like that. It was a bureaucratic dictatorship.

So when you describe us socialists as being similar to Mao, you are lying and slandering us. DON'T DO IT AGAIN.
 

Mary P (157)
Monday November 9, 2009, 7:13 am
Simon Wood May GOD Almighty Bless you for your words of wisdom and the compassion you feel for all humans irrelevant of colour,race or religion. You are indeed a good human being with intense passion against all INJUSTICES perpetrated by SOME People against fellow humans.

Please do not allow the comments of the Ignorant and Racists Few on this site DETER or UPSET YOU in any way. IGNORE the WAR MONGERS and do not waste your precious breath justifying your words to them. They are living in their very own MAKE BELIEF World. Leave them to STAGNATE in their little cocoons. They belong in the PAST and very soon they will realize they are left all alone to rot in their own stinking filth.
 

Gorgeous H (142)
Monday November 9, 2009, 2:04 pm
Right on Simon..You rock ;) You always speak truth. Those of us truthseekers recognize you and love you.

As for the poor guy, well if you do a googler search you will understand why he did what he did, as wrong and tragic as it is.

Bear in mind how many american guys have ravaged iraq and Afghanistan, destroying, polluting their country, murdering, torturing and raping them both their men and their women..oh and let's not forget the children.
I don't gree with what he did..and yet ai understand it.
 

Donn M (56)
Monday November 9, 2009, 8:43 pm
Speaking of Care2 code of conduct, Simon, maybe you should take care also with the personal attacks. Implying that others are racist or pro-imperialist with absolutely no evidence of such. That kind of nonsense is why the word "racist' is close to losing any real meaning, overuse by people who really don't understand the definition of the word.

I don't care why you apologized. My point was made.

Muslims are more oppressed by other Muslims than by anyone else. Muslim women by Muslim men. One sect by another. By dictatorial leaders of the countries in which they live. By their religious leaders. Not by most white people, such a sweeping generalization is just plain unscientific and wrong.
 

Stan B (123)
Monday November 9, 2009, 9:05 pm
Simon W. Don't threaten me with your extremist,bully-boy tactics. Save them for someone who cares.
As for Care 2 Code of Conduct, you should be an expert on them seeing you were suspended by Care 2 for very serious breaches and were only re-instated after someone on here started a petition on your behalf.
Try to understand that this site is not merely a platform from which you can spread your personal, extremist agenda. I know you might find that difficult.
Back to the topic. I've just been reading a report from the ABC that Major Hasan made approaches to various Al-Qaeda affiliates. No response yet from the U.S. military.Looks as if P.C. is intimidating them.
 

Paula L (17)
Monday November 9, 2009, 11:11 pm
Well, whether we think he is a terrorist or not, he committed a terrorist act. I firmly believe he pre-meditated it and did exactly what he intended. Think about it, he was so-o-o distraught about being sent to a place where he would be against his own kind and religion, he just couldn't bring himself to protect this country he and his family now live in. When you choose to come to America, it should be for a better way of life. this means leaving behind your old way life. And if you join in America's armed forces, you are saying you will defend America reguardless of where you may be sent or to whom you are fighting aginst. If you are not willing to do that, then you should not come here and join our forceses.

I do know this much, by commiting this act of terrorism, he made it possible to send a very disturbing message to other likely terrorists, and Ft. Hood letting the media jump all over it, aided him in it. That would be just how easily he managed to come here, join our forces, gain rank, and then by choosing to attack the "off duty" area, which he KNEW was unarmed.....he sent a whopping message of how and where our Army is most vulnerable. He even showed how easy it was to enter with your own arms into an area that was unarmed....and onece again, I state, "HE KNEW ALL THIS".

Sorry folks, even if he was not a terrorist, I don't really know, I'm just looking at the facts. He DID commit a terrorist act and in the process sent a vividly clear message to all those out there who are terrorist! He should be tried as a terrorist and given the ultimate punishment for the lives he took away and those he injured and possibly crippled for live.

It is time to get down on our knees and pray for our country and our military forces and their families, and for all our safety here in america
 

Paula L (17)
Monday November 9, 2009, 11:18 pm
And sorry for the typo's and some of the spelling, I'm breaking in a laptop which I have never used till now. Why do they put the mouse right where your thumbs hit it when you are trying to type. That's another subject to address!
 

Gorgeous H (142)
Tuesday November 10, 2009, 11:41 am
'Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.' Samuel Johnson.
I find it sad reading some of these comments from blind patriots. Simon you are the best. David Gould you said it right.
My own personal philosophy: "The universe is my country, the human family my tribe" Kahlil Gibran
Every life counts and NO ONE has the right to take anothers life. Even if your government tells you to. Listen to your own heart.
 
Or, log in with your
Facebook account:
Please add your comment: (plain text only please. Allowable HTML: <a>)


Track Comments: Notify me with a personal message when other people comment on this story


Loading Noted By...Please Wait

 


butterfly credits on the news network

  • credits for vetting a newly submitted story
  • credits for vetting any other story
  • credits for leaving a comment
learn more

Most Active Today in World





 
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.

New to Care2? Start Here.