HELP CENTER the help you need, all in one place
Setting up your POP Account
Welcome Care2 Email users! To download your Care2 email to a desktop program such as Eudora, MS Outlook or Thunderbird, you must first upgrade your account.
After purchasing an upgrade, simply follow the directions below to configure your email program.
Online User Manuals
Setting up Eudora is easy if you follow these easy instructions. To get started:
(In the example below, substitute your care2 email domain if you are not using wildmail.com)
- In Eudora, go to the Tools menu and select OPTIONS.
- In the Options window, you will see several icons on the left. Select GETTING STARTED.
- In the REAL NAME field, type your name the way you would like people to see it when they get
email from you. For example, John Doe.
- In the RETURN ADDRESS field, enter your email address. For example:
- In the MAIL SERVER (INCOMING) field, enter your email domain name preceeded by "pop". For example: pop.wildmail.com
- In the LOGIN NAME field, enter your full Care2 email address. For example: LoginName@wildmail.com
- In the SMTP SERVER (OUTGOING) field, enter the your email domain name proceed by "smtp". For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There should be a check in the ALLOW AUTHENTICATION field. Leave the check there. If
you do not see a check in the box, click on the box with your mouse until a check appears.
- Click OK. This completes the basic setup - you should now be able to send and receive email in
Setting up Outlook is easy if you follow these easy instructions. To get started:
(In the example below, substitute your Care2 email domain if you are not using wildmail.com - for example, your email domain may be care2.com, or animail.net, etc. )
- Start Outlook Express.
- Choose Accounts from the Tools menu. The Internet Accounts window will open.
- Click the Mail tab. This will show you any e-mail accounts that are currently set up in
- Click the Add button. A menu will pop up: choose Mail.
- The Internet Connection wizard will appear to guide you through a series of
configuration steps for the e-mail address you want to add.
- The "Your Name" screen will appear.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in e-mails.
- Click Next. The "Internet E-mail Address" screen will appear.
- Enter your care2 e-mail address, LoginName@wildmail.com
- Click Next. The "E-Mail Server Names" screen will appear.
- Enter the following information:
* Your incoming mail server type
* Incoming mail (POP3) server: eg. pop.wildmail.com
* Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: eg. smtp.wildmail.com
- Click Next. The "Internet Mail Logon" screen will appear.
- Enter the following information:
* Your full Care2 email address: LoginName@wildmail.com
* Your Password: (your care2 password)
- Click Next. The Congratulations window will appear.
- Click Finish.
- This step is optional, depending on how you want to use the account: If you want to remove messages from the Care2 servers and keep them just on your PC, there is no need to do anything more. If you want to leave messages on the Care2 servers and also keep them on your PC, click the "Advanced" tab, then check the checkbox "Leave a copy of messages on the server". Note that leaving messages on the Care2 sever may cause you to over-run your account storage space, which will result in bounced incoming emails.
- Click "Properties".
- Change the entry "pop.wildmail.com" to something else, such as your name. This will identify the account for you when you use Outlook but will not be seen on your emails.
- Enter your "reply to" address: LoginName@wildmail.com
- Click the "Servers" tab.
- Under "Outgoing Mail Server" check the box labeled "My Server Requires Authentication."
- Click the "Settings" button.
- Click the "Log on using" button.
- Enter your full Care2 email address where it says "Account Name": LoginName@wildmail.com
- Enter your password.
- Check the box "Remember Password"
- Click OK. You are now ready to send and receive email through your Care2 pop account. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Need More Help?
Fill out our online
Help request form
and we'll help you figure things out!